Early Bird Sign Up
July 16 – 17, 2022
We expect to sell out again this year! Each year keeps getting better and better! Don’t delay your registration.
In our 18th year of delivering the greatest value for your lacrosse dollar. Thank you for your continued support as we grow the game throughout the Midwest. And to make things even more affordable, check out the multiple team/event specials on the DISCOUNTS tab on the left.
This is a no-brainer!
Centrally located between Chicago and Detroit, right in the heart of the Midwest and a growing hot bed of lacrosse talent.
What makes us THE Place to Play lacrosse in the Midwest?
- Sold out year after year
- 5 games guaranteed (every team gets minimum 5 games; you can’t get that anywhere else)
- One of Top ranked events the Midwest
- Most diverse competition (teams from CO, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, NC, NY, OH, TN, TX, WI and Canada)
- College Showcase (48 colleges from 12 states have attended — click here for list)
- Online Schedules and Scoring w/text alerts, updates
- Centralized location (less than 6 hour drive from most Midwest cities)
- Lower cost per game (why pay $1000 OR MORE elsewhere for LESS?)
- Full-length games on full-sized fields
July 16 – 17
Lansing, MI – Hope Sports Complex – 5801 Aurelius Road, Lansing, MI 48911
Midway between Chicago and Detroit. Within a six-hour drive of almost every major Midwest city.
- 5 game minimum
- 3 Saturday, 2-3 on Sunday.
- Two 25 minute halves, running clock, 5 minute halftime
- We are open to all school and club teams.
- Girls 12v12. Boys 10v10.
- Games will start Saturday and Sunday at 8am, and finish Sunday by 6pm; the better you do, the later you will play on Sunday.
- All games will be officiated by at least two certified referees and scorekeepers on field.
- If weather conditions dictate, the tournament committee reserves the right to shorten or cancel games, as necessary, without rebate of entry fees.
- Early Bird: $1,000
- Standard: $1,200
- Late Fee: $150
Deadline for Entries:
- Early Bird: 05-01
- Standard: 06-15
The Tournament follows US Lacrosse age divisions: September 1.
Division Guidelines Note:
Uxx club divisions: Oldest player on each team must meet the age group requirement.
Note: Any player that meets the U15 age requirement may play U15, regardless of any HS experience.
Graduation year divisions: Mixed age group team are allowed and players may play up, but not down. Graduating seniors are welcome to play on 2022 teams.
Players may only be rostered and play for one team during this event, no exceptions.
Tournament Director reserve the right to adjust/combine divisions as necessary to based on team quantity/quality.
A, B, C
- A – Top 20% of all teams, players are skilled and have been playing many years, may travel nationally
- B – Average team, mixture of highly skilled and regular players, local and regional travel
- C – New team, inexperienced players, mainly local games, first tournament
All teams will be slotted into on of these levels based on experience and quality of application. Number of teams accepted will vary based on strength of entries. Tournament committee reserves the right to combine divisions where appropriate.
Note on Age Groups:
**Please indicate your team makeup (player’s age/grade) in the Team Breakdown section**
Individual awards for each member of the Championship and Finalist teams in each division, maximum of 22 per team.
Lake Michigan is only a short drive away
Schedules will be published on the Tuesday preceding the event.
- Rosters/Profiles submission by email are due: Friday, a week before the event
- Waivers submission online by: Monday, the week of the event
See Forms/Rules/Directions/Fields tab for more details
Tournament Director, Alan Maxwell, GLLIdirector@aol.com
Referees / Umpires:
If you have interest, please contact Tournament Director: Alan Maxwell, GLLIdirector@aol.com
We will be compiling a Player Profile booklet for all attending college coaches. Players should be contacting coaches at schools they would like to attend to invite them to come recruit at GLLI. The more active the players, the more coaches you can expect!
Housing Service/Fine Hotel
Hotel Website Link:
All out-of-town teams are required to book their hotel reservations through our Official Housing Service, SiteSearch. This service is being provided to ease the search for hotel accommodations in the Lansing area. They have secured discounted tournament rates and room blocks at hotels that are conveniently located to the fields. Please contact them as soon as possible to ensure availability.
Housing Contact Information:
SiteSearch Sports Event Housing
Forms and Paperwork Requirements
All forms are downloadable from the website, just click on the form name below:
Registration Paperwork (complete these now, do not wait for deadlines)
- Roster Profile – HS-aged teams only Must be completed for Profile Book inclusion. Roster Profile forms must be emailed by Friday, July 8th to GLLIDirector@aol.com.
- Youth Roster – Non-HS aged teams (U14 and under) Each player must be listed and include jersey numbers (no duplicates). Team Roster forms must be emailed by Friday, July 8th to GLLIDirector@aol.com.
- High School Online Waiver of Liability – HS-aged teams only Must be signed by each participant or parent/guardian (if under 18). Completed by Monday, July 11th.
- MS/Youth Online Waiver of Liability – Non-HS aged teams (U14 and under) Must be signed by a parent/guardian. Completed byv Monday, July 11th.
NOTE: Failure to provide this information at the time requested may result in disqualification of the team.
Maps and Directions
College Coach Registration
College Coach Registration
We are looking forward to an extraordinary event for this year’s Great Lakes Lacrosse Invitational. We are bring together one of the finest groupings of competitors from the Midwest and across the country. We will have all the teams playing at least five (5) games over two days in a schedule that will allow you to see as many games/players as possible. We will be publishing the schedules in early July, but we know you want to get our weekend on your calendar now.
48 colleges from 12 states have attended previous tournaments – Click here for list!
Our tournament staff is making a concerted effort to cater to our college coaches who attend. This year we have put together a fantastic offering to bolster your recruiting dollars. Here are the features that make this event a must on your recruiting calendar:
- Premium Profile Books for all HS-aged teams participating.
- Free lunch and dinner provided at the tournament from our fabulous food vendor.
- Hydration is paramount in July and we will have a cooler of free refreshments available in the HQ tent
- Hotel Assistance from our housing service, SiteSearch Sports Event Housing
And, if at any time you have any questions or comments during the event, we will also have tournament staff available at the tournament Headquarters.
To register, complete the form below, or contact us via email. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you in July.
Alan Maxwell, Tournament Director
269-353-9341 | GLLIDirector@aol.com
Despite already being lower cost than most of my competitors, we offer great discounts for those teams/clubs that support our events (YOU MUST PAY AT LEAST THE DEPOSIT AT TIME OF REGISTRATION TO QUALIFY FOR THE DISCOUNTS):
Early Bird Pricing
Register before the rush! Register for our events before the specified Early Bird Deadline and you will receive a $200 discount off the standard event cost.
No Discount Code needed.
Multiple Teams at One Event
If you bring 2 teams to the same event, you will receive a $25 discount for each team. Use the Discount Code, 2TEAM25, when you register your teams.
If you bring 3 teams to the same event, you will receive a $50 discount for each team. Use the Discount Code, 3TEAM50, when you register your teams.
If you bring 4 teams to the same event, you will receive a $75 discount for each team. Use the Discount Code, 4TEAM75, when you register your teams.
If you bring 5 or more teams to the same event, you will receive a $100 discount for each team. Use the Discount Code, MULTITEAM100, when you register your teams.
2nd Event Bonus
If you register a team(s) for more than one event, you will receive a $200 discount for each team at the 2nd Lax USA 2021 event. Use the Discount Code, 2EVENTBONUS, when you register your teams for the 2nd event. The first event qualifies for the other standard discounts above.
Holiday Bonus **Expires January 1st!**
If you register your team before January 1st, you will receive a $100 discount for each team. Use the Discount Code, NEWYEAR100, when you register your teams.
**Only one Discount Code allowed per team registered**
DATES & DEADLINES
July 16 – 17
Applications and payments received after the Early Bird deadline will require Standard fee payment to be considered
Applications and payments received after the Final Payment Deadline will require a $150 late fee to be considered. Any team that withdraws from the tournament after the Final Payment Deadline will forfeit its total entry fee.
The Tuesday before the event by midnight (if all Rosters have been submitted…)